Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Creepypasta


          I've always liked urban myths, horror stories, mysteries, etc. This is a topic that I like very much, so when I met some time ago the term CreepyPasta was just perfect.

          A Creepypasta is a story that simulates a real experience, and strikes terror in the reader. These are stories that seek to disturb the reader. In other words, a creepypasta is a story about a chilling experience that someone has designed to frighten all who read it. And the fact that simulates be real is because the issues tend to vary between games, TV series, cartoons, or experiential stories.

          The first story I read of this kind was a story called Smile.jpg. Someone must know. Of these there are many good examples like Squidward's Suicide and Candle Cove.

  Smile.jpg


          You can search in the internet the story that seems most interesting to you. There are creepypastas for almost EVERYTHING.


Sweet dreams.


          Talking with others, we had the doubt that if this topic is appropriate for the blog. I think it is, because is a part of the web culture that exists today and it can be conciderated part of the small c. Here is a link that helped to convince me http://alt1040.com/2011/11/creepypastas-las-leyendas-urbanas-en-los-tiempos-del-web

1 comment:

  1. I love creepypasta, the very first time I read this kind of story was some couple years ago and I was fascinated because I really like horror genre in stories, books, movies etc. I think that the most attractive part of creepypasta is that are created from stories or characters that a lot of people already know and in a way is very interesting imagine or even believe that this kind of terrifying events have really happened.

    ReplyDelete